Lawsuit Against Abuse of Solitary Confinement in Progress


LaRon McKinley 00042642
WCI, PO Box 351;Waupun, WI 53963


LaRon McKinley has been in solitary for over 20 years.

My name  is  LaRon McKinley Bey. I am a 60 year old prisoner,
 unmarried, and with a 42 year old daughter.  I was born and
raised in Milwaukee, I am an only son with 7 sisters and am
 fortunate to have both parents still living, and whom I love
the most in this world. I came from a very strong and loving
 family but being away from them so long has had the effect
 of losing familiarity and increasing the distance of
familial ties.
I have been isolation (solitary confinement), or Administrative
Confinement (AC), for more than 27 ½ years, and it appears,
if my warders have it their way, that there’s no end in sight.
 This type of confinement has taken a toll upon me, but
 luckily I had good health early and. So I’m not devastated
health wise at this point. I remain strong,


I’m an artist and would love to spend the vast
majority of my days drawing but being in isolation
 has suppressed my creative output artistic-wise,
and I have lost the desire to even attempt an art
project for about 5 years now, which is one of
 the symptoms of my isolative confinement.
I’m hoping to, somehow, extract myself
 from isolation and into a more hospitable
 environment where I can resume expressing
 my artistic side. I love to do portraits. That frees
 my soul.


I am heading a lawsuit challenging prolonged AC, including of the mentally ill. The suit has the
 potential of really bringing major change in Wisconsin’s practice of prolonger isolative
confinement> I invite you to follow the progress in the case PACER (public access to court 
electronic records). The case is McKinley V Pollard et al , case No. 16-CV-521.in the Eastern
District Court of Wisconsin.
 


I would love to correspond too: La Ron McKinley Bey 42642, WCI, PO Box 351, Waupun, WI 53963.
rotate to read:
LaRon's class action complaint, submitted in May 2016
2) Due to recent court ruling, A prisoners has to have a lawyer for his/her case before submitting
the case to the court. This is nearly an impossibility for prisoners . Here despite LaRon's repeated 
attempts to find a lawyer, Classs action was denied and LaRon is proceeding with individual claims.
Above is the complaint and below is the court's denial of class action status.

rotate to read:
https://ffupstuff.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/l-mckinley-calssaction-denied.pdf

Some of LaRon's art

 
:more here:
http://solitarytorture.blogspot.com/2016/05/laron-mckinley-27-12-years-in-ac-and.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Lietsch

Todd Hiivala /recreation OR prison job is choice now given at GBCI

Press Release 9 16: Assaults and Staff Cover-Ups Escalate at Waupun Prison